Promoting core Christian values in working with and enabling Deaf people in Ireland
- recognising their unique communication and cultural needs
- promoting and representing their unique access issues
- supporting their education and development
- providing pastoral and religious care
- empowering them to achieve their full potential
- being an enabling force within the Deaf community
CIDP will pursue its mission by working in partnership with Deaf people, with their organisations and with public bodies charged with responsibility to provide services for and access to Deaf people.
Catholic Institute for Deaf People
Catholic Institute for Deaf People (CIDP) is an enabling organisation which seeks to support the development of the Deaf Community.
It provides chaplaincy services to the Deaf Community, manages St Joseph’s and St Mary’s school, Residences and St Joseph’s Residence, Brewery Road, Stillorgan for vulnerable Deaf and Deaf blind adults. CIDP is the trustee for the specialist schools in Cabra and manages the Deaf Education Centre with Deaf Hear, Irish Deaf Society and Trinity College.