CIDP Therapeutic Services Manager
Deaf Village Ireland and other locations associated with CIDP services
€50,000-€55,000 dependent on experience
Contract duration:2 years
CIDP avails of a number of external services across the field that meets a significant number of needs. The successful candidate will coordinate these services while initially providing intervention to service users. The successful candidate will leverage of the wider network available to ensure consistency of service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Below are the key areas of responsibility;
- Carry out an analysis of needs across the organisation
- Direct support on a one to one basis to service users through a clear referral and assessment process
- Support residents and boarders with the aim of improving coping skills, resilience and mental health
- Act as an advisor to frontline staff to create a therapeutic environment for Deaf service users and to respond to crisis in a more informed and therapeutic way
- Provide an outreach service to boarders throughout holiday periods supporting continuity of therapeutic interventions as required
- Co-ordinate current external Play and Psychotherapist, OT and Psychologist working with service users on a case by case basis
- Maintain accurate, confidential records as required by the role
- Build on and create new working relationships with external services identifying gaps and developing networks to break down barriers for Deaf people.
- Ability to deliver mental health education and training internally and externally to other services that liaise with CIDP and provide support to families through appropriate means, for example workshops on Deaf Identity (Deafhood)
- Increase parental and family involvement and support
- to explore future expansion of the service to offer supports to the pupils attending the schools
- Participate in relevant meetings
- Maintain professional boundaries
- Be flexible and willing to work evenings and occasional weekends as required
- To engage in clinical supervision for support and guidance
- Contribute to research, audit and evaluation of the service as required
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- Fluency in ISL or other sign language i.e. BSL / ASL
MA or Post Graduate Diploma in a Therapeutic field with a primary qualification in one of the following areas:
- Social Work
- BA in Psychology
- BA in Counselling and Psychotherapy accredited by the IACP
- BA in Social Care
- BA in Applied Social Studies
Or other relevant qualification(s) - all disciplines must be registered / accredited with relevant body at time of application.
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role. Please email email@example.com by Friday 19 July 2019.
If you require further details on this role, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment with CIDP are subject to Garda Vetting.
HR & Governance Manager, CIDP