Job Title: Care Assistant
Reporting to: Care Supervisor
Location: St Joseph’s House Stillorgan
Salary: €12.50 per hour
Contract duration: Relief Contract
The Catholic Institute for Deaf People (CIDP) are seeking a Care Assistant to provide a high standard of care to residents in St Joseph’s House. The Care Assistant will be part of the care team, the aims of which are to ensure that the resident’s individual personal and social care needs are met on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Below are the key areas of responsibility;
- Act as a key worker for residents
- Carry out assigned and delegated tasks involving direct care and all activities of daily living under the direction and supervision of the Care Supervisor e.g. helping residents getting in and out of bed, washing/showering, toileting, dressing, undressing, moisturising skin, dining, shopping, and all other aspects of daily living
- Updating and observing care plans, daily notes, the notice records book, all other required checklists.
- Support the residents to communicate with each other and provide support with communication methods where necessary i.e. reading text messages, opening post, making phone calls maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Provide particular attention to residents who have limited mobility
- Communicate with all residents and their relatives/representatives. Ensure that all are made feel welcome and offered refreshments
- Contribute to maintaining a safe environment including cleaning up any spills or breakages immediately for the residents, staff and visitors of St Joseph’s House for Adult Deaf and Deafblind
- Escort residents when they required to travel externally
The foregoing should not be considered exhaustive
- QQI Level 5 – Health Care Assistant
- QQI Level 3 – Sign Language
- Knowledge of Residential Care legislation including HIQA’s National Standards for Residential Service for Children and Adults with Disabilities, and others as applicable
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of adults with disabilities
- Previous experience in care of adults in a residential care setting
- Good literacy skills
- Must be of the caring nature, sympathetic to the needs of all the residents
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience with Adults in a Residential Setting
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role. Please email email@example.com by 21 July 2017.
If you require further details on this role, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment with CIDP may be subject to Garda Vetting/PSNI clearance.
HR Coordinator, CIDP